Saturday, April 9, 2016

Seeking Blue!

Everyone who knows me ...
... also knows that blue is my favorite color.  I tried blue nail color this week for the first time ... and it matches the wool yarn I'm knitting with perfectly!  Too funny ... I giggled out loud at that discovery!  Love when my unintentional dillydally silliness shines through here in DillyDallydom!
Lately our remote corner of the planet has been mostly grey.  We have had a lot of rain ... I know we live in a temperate rain forest ... but lately the rain has felt excessive!  Friday morning Nissa and I decided to head out in search of a bit of blue sky!
We drove out to 27 mile and there it was!
Before long the amount of blue began to multiply!
I love how blue sky doubles when reflected in bodies of water!
Even a spring shade of green revealed itself!  Only a hint of green, but very appreciated!  Fresh shoots of green always bring hope with them as they grow strong!
Our enthusiasm paid off ... we had a picnic snack ...
... I knit ...
... Nissa played in the river!  We were a bit over enthusiastic ... 
... it was a chilly 44 degrees and the clouds returned, so we cut our picnic short!  But our hearts were happy ... our mission was successful!
I am so grateful for the brief bit of blue we enjoyed yesterday!  Grey has returned ... and there aren't any hopes for blue to return in the near forecast!  On the upside ... this weather makes choosing to dillydally indoors easy!

Do what you love.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally

1 comment:

  1. My favorite color is blue too. :)
    Love the nails and matching yarn.
    Nissa looks so full of energy.
    It's been mostly grey here in WI lately too.
    It snows almost everyday, but doesn't amount to anything.
    Hoping for Spring.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete