Friday, April 1, 2016

Farewell March! Hello April!

Time passes so quickly ... March arrived ... Easter happened ...
... and suddenly it is the final week of March!
Earlier this week I spent a few days in Anchorage ... hadn't been in the real world since October.  I had a lot of errands to run!
Of course I snuck in some dillydally purchases as well!  A few fabrics for stash enhancement purposes, a magazine not available in Cordova, and a new book by Kim Brackett!
The makings of a new wool applique' project!
Sock yarn and inspiring knitting books!
This sweater sample in the shop just screamed Sister DillyDally ... so I purchased the pattern and yarn to knit her one!  A few days in the real world is always fun, but it always feels great to come home!
Even though the weather has been wet and dreary, signs of spring reveal themselves.  Skunk cabbage is in full bloom.
And the wet weather is great for knitting ... I began the teddy bear in a beautiful "robin egg blue" color! Such fun!
Speaking of blue ... Thursday, the last day of March, dawned in multiple versions of blue ... my favorite color!
When you live in a northern coastal climate, you never take nice weather for granted!
Morning plans were scratched ... Nissa and I headed out the road in search of adventure!
We took our time and soaked up the unusual warmth of the sun for this time of year!  Temperatures were in the high 50's!  Very unusual.
Lots of puppy play ... Nissa continues to enjoy her version of hide n' seek!  Little does she know that her red tongue gives her away!  She loves it when I act surprised as she explodes from hiding!  So fun!
We relaxed ... I knit ... Nissa explored ... I knit ... Nissa napped ... it was a glorious morning.
Love this 10 month old fur baby .... such a happy girl!  I am so glad we got out and embraced the day ...
.... because this morning the rain returned!  With gusto!  I'm not really complaining .... I love where I live ... and it is a temperate rainforest!
My ever present blogging partner ... love having this fur baby involved in all my indoor tasks!  Here in DillyDallydom, we look forward to all that April brings!  Spring is happening!

Do what you love.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally 


1 comment:

  1. Great stash!
    That sweater is beautiful.
    What beautiful pics of the blue skies.
    I think Flicka has the right idea when it rains.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete