Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Dillydally Monday

The coastal storm left ... blue skies returned ...
... through my window I see proof that fall is nearly here!
I cleaned up my hexie project tote ... the good news is that it was too full ...
... twenty-one hexies went in storage ...
... Flicka and I will begin filling it again!  Too much fun in DillyDallydom!
QBee Barb and I spent the afternoon goofing around in her sewing room!  Before I left, I forced asked her to pose on her deck with one of her recent finishes. ;-)  Her home is on Eyak Lake ... what a beautiful view!
And the table runner is stunning!  Barb really enjoys wool appliqué ... her needlework skills are off the charts ... plus, she is fast!
What a wonderful way to spend an afternoon ... it is such a blessing to be surrounded by friends who create lovely things.
8.12.13 - Late Afternoon
This view greeted me when I got home from Barb's ...
8.12.13 - Evening
... I enjoy watching nature evolve in front of me as the tide slowly retreats and returns.  The ebb and flow of the tide reminds me daily that things are always in motion yet constant.
"Here I am, I still go on, you know, like the tides." 
Angela Lansbury

Yep ... another simple and wonderful day in my remote corner of the planet.
Do what you love.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Fall seems to be just around the corner here in Ohio. This morning it was only 50 degrees! It feels like a Colorado Mountain morning. Wish I was there in the mountains :)
    QBee Barbs table runner is lovely! Glad you got to spend the day dillydallying!

    ReplyDelete