Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011!

Every where I look ... every where I go ... everyone is talking about resolutions!  Tis the season, I suppose.
 Photo taken by me
The American Bald Eagle is very common here in my remote corner of the planet ... the environmental conditions for them is perfect ... most of the time.  Like us however, life throws them challenges and hardships ... life isn't always fair.
During this past year ... many of us and our fellow passengers in life have had challenges and hardships ... life has sometimes been unfair.  This past week, as everyone was talking about the new year ... I heard a lot of regret ... guilt ... shame ... remorse ... all things that make life even more difficult.

I went back and checked my post New Years Day 2010 ... these are the resolutions I posted a year ago today ...
  • Will dillydally at least a little everyday.
  • Will only work on what feels good at the moment.
  • Will begin new projects on a whim.
  • Will only complete projects when there is the urge to do so.
  • Will continue to add to my current fabric, yarn, kit and pattern collections.
  • Will spend time dillydallying with those who understand the dillydally lifestyle.
  • Will actively recruit and encourage others to adopt the principles of dillydallying.
I am a "work in progress" (as are we all), but I must say I did very well on all but the last one.  So here is my point ... Life is complicated and unfair ... dillydallying is where we should find respite from life's harsh realities!  Do not allow regret, shame, guilt and remorse bleed into the part of your life that brings you the healing power of calm and joy.  There are no UFO's only projects in progress!  So what if your sewing room is a mess as long as you're creating!  Get organized only if it makes you happy!  Unused fabric and yarn that has been stored for years is now vintage ... it has increased in value ... rarity does that you know!
Photo taken from Google Images
Are you feeling the peer pressure?  I want you to join me in living the dillydally lifestyle.  Soooo ... my primary resolution for 2011 is ... I will actively recruit and encourage others to adopt the principles of dillydallying!  The American Bald Eagle serves as a symbol of freedom ... my hope is that you will experience the freedom and peace that dillydallying can bring.
Happy New Year!  Do dillydally!

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like your dillydally attitude and my positive attitude go hand in hand...Happy New Year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to be considered an official recruit to the dillydally approach to life!! I love to help a person get started on a resolution. :)
    I'll start with trying out some (or maybe all) of your resolutions from 2010!
    Thanks for sharing your sunny disposition and approach to life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful post!! Off to order my sewing machine so I can be an "official dilly dallier" :)

    ReplyDelete