Friday, December 29, 2017

Building Brown Bears!

In my remote corner of the planet ... brown bears thrive!  They rule the landscape ... and we are always cognizant that their presence.  I don't seek out our wild brown bears ... but love making soft, squishy, huggable ones!  It is time to reveal a bit of my 007 undercover work!
I decided that Brother and Fiance' DillyDally needed huggable brown bears for Christmas!  Here are the pieces that will become their bears!
I love Elizabeth Hartman's designs and ever since seeing her Bjorn Bear pattern, I have wanted to make one!  Sew ... why not make two!
Peak-a-Boo Bears!  I used different backgrounds for each bear, one with blueberries and one with spruce needles ... both reflect the habitat of our local brown bears!
I was impressed with how quickly the bears sew together ...
... the directions are excellent!  When the piecing is effortless, you know the instructions were perfect!
Next came the eye glasses ...
... their eyewear really takes them to the next level!  Too fun!
Additional borders ... sandwiched ... machine quilted ... zippered pillow back ... bound ... and done!  Add a pillow form and Mr. Blueberry Bear is finished and ready for his trip to California!
Next up ... Mr. Spruce Bear!  Coffee, compliments of Mr. Snowman, was an important part of the bear construction team!
Brother met Mr. Spruce Bear Christmas day!  Love how Brother's expression matches the bear.  Wish he had been wearing his glasses instead of contacts!  Too fun!

Do what you love!  Give bear hugs! Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally 

3 comments: