Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Buzz Cut Fun!

Remember this class sample?  It was Flicka's first quilt.  Check out the details on this post.
The pattern and instructions come from this new book by Kathy Brown.

I used this pattern to teach both beginning and intermediate quilters the basics of cutting fabric...
...as well as piecing techniques using the Angler 2 ... it improves accuracy and saves time!

Meet Tiffany and look at her progress...
... her final layout.  Borders to be determined later.  I have known Tiffany since her childhood ... what an honor to watch her grow... as an individual and a quilter!

Jeannie is very new to quilting so she chose to make a smaller, table top sized quilt.
It was great to watch her confidence and enthusiasm grow during each class session!  Jeannie even began another project this past weekend!  You go girl!

It is always great fun having a close friend participate in a class I'm teaching ...
 Terry has been quilting for some time now, but remains open minded to learning new tips and techniques.  Here she is auditioning multiple border options.  I sew enjoy the time Terry and I spend together!

There are so many things about teaching I find rewarding!   It is a privilege to share what I love with others!
Do what you love.  Share it!  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally

3 comments:

  1. what a lovely post and such smiling happy quilters. love it. i think i need to learn this block too

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun for you to spend your summer teaching others to quilt. They look like great students.

    Sent you an email this week, hope you received it.

    Your MN Sassy Sisters,
    Silly and Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your students have done a great job on their projects! I wish I was close enough to participate in these quilt classes. I've done a little bit of sewing in the past few years, but as you know, my heart is always pulled in another direction - cross stitch!

    ReplyDelete