Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Week Without Dillydallying

It is hard to believe that it has been a whole week since my last post...but what a week!  I thought that I had taken very good care of my cold last weekend...after all I missed at least half of the quilting activities.  Monday was the end of the quarter at work, so grades were due that day...Tuesday, got up but was unable to get ready for work...same on Wednesday, spent both days sleeping with a box of tissues...it was not pretty...it hit hard.  Back to work on Thursday and Friday...every teacher knows that it is more work to be gone, then it is to go in somewhat ill...so we never miss school unless we are too sick to move!  Saturday was spent in a technology class.  Had a one hour lunch break, hurried to attend birthday lunch for a special QBee...vehicle was stuck...husband called for assistance...arrived to lunch late...wolfed down lunch...that wasn't a pretty site either...rushed back to class...suffered from indigestion all afternoon...got home just in time to escape to Lake Wobegon.
But the day ended beautifully.  My point in all this is that I did absolutely no dillydallying this past week...no...I'm serious...none...zip!  No dillydally is not good for me...my stress level goes too high...I loose my sense of humor...I think too fast...I say things I shouldn't...I become stubborn...the list could go on and on.  Mr. DillyDally could probably come up with additional symptoms, but we won't provide him with that opportunity.

Soooo...today I should have done my weekly housekeeping...but instead I dillydallied...Mr. DillyDally was in complete agreement...he wanted me to dillydally too...I must have been in bad shape! ;-)
 
I finished the bag I started with QBee Valerie on her birthday...she finished hers too...

I had started the smaller version offered in the same pattern, and finished that one today as well...

The pattern is published by Indygo Junction, and is titled Grids and Grommets.  We had never worked with the large, snap in grommets before.  I love the look, but initially we were both very disappointed.  Every time we opened the bag or put anything in it, one of two things happened.  Either the fabric pulled itself out of the grommet or the grommets came unsnapped.  We were pretty unhappy...we loved the bags...but couldn't use them...UGH!  QBee Julie suggested staystitching around the hole cut for the grommet...I did that with a very small stitch length, 0.5.  On the second bag, I did the staystitching before I cut the hole...of course that made it much easier.  I also choose to use a strong fabric glue on both rings before snapping them in...so far it is working...I will keep you posted.  If any of you out there in cyberspace have used them and have suggestions, please share them.  I really like the look of the grommets...Heather Mulder of Anka's Treasures has a new book out for handbags that use them...I intend to get that and make some in her style...she may also have hints on using the grommets in the book.

After finishing the handbags, I put the musical, Show Boat, into my DVD player and watched that while Peanut and I began my hand applique Cobblestone Lane blocks.  Applique can really stress me out...but Peanut is my personal dillydally cheerleader...so all went well.  I can honestly say that I feel like I've returned to my original self...being off cold medicine helps, but the dillydallying was the cure! ;-)

Good golly...I almost forgot...one more very important update...

While in London last week, Brother DillyDally discovered he is a Wizard, not a Muggle!  My dreams have come true...perhaps all of the DillyDallys belong in the Wizard world...Mrs. Weasley could become my new best friend!  She is my idol!  After I get my wand, the first thing I'll do is get the "self-knitting needles" like she has...OMGosh...the possibilities... 

No comments:

Post a Comment