Thursday, October 22, 2015

DillyDally Bits!

Gosh ... cannot believe it has been over a week since my last post!
Today was the first day without rain since then!  Nissa and I took advantage of it and spent the entire morning outside.
Most leaves have hit the ground ... these cranberries are all that is left on this bush.
And all that remains on the willows are the roses.  Fall is nearly over in my remote corner of the planet.  Halloween is fast approaching which means that other holidays and annual events are not far behind!
Our quilt guild's Annual Tea & Auction is November 15th ... sew my undercover work has begun!  This is a panel I picked up in Oregon this past summer.
I love panels ... but it is always a challenge to figure out what to do with them!  This panel has a quilt/sewing theme ... it is sized long and narrow ... so it didn't fit into anything from my extensive somewhat large pattern collection!  Sew ... I am making it up as I go!  Winging it in true dillydally fashion ... of course!  Will reveal after the event!
I've squeezed in a bit of sewing for myself.  My Vintage Farm Girl 6 inch blocks are finished, but I have deliberately put off piecing them together.  Lori Holt is publishing more blocks that I may want to include.  Meanwhile ...
... I decided that I wanted to include a tractor!  I was in third grade when my grandfather taught me to drive our small tractor!  Our large tractor, was a red Farmall ... here is my interpretation!
Flicka has found that sitting on a tractor is very comfortable ... she dreams of being a farm kitty!  Too fun!
My 007 work has required a bit of online shopping ... I couldn't resist and included a Frivols for myself!  Because ... who knows ... I might run out of projects!  ;-)  Plus the tin is super cute!
Most of every day is spent entertaining  and working with this furball!  Puppies have a lot of energy and our goal everyday is to wear her out!  The truth is ... she wears Mr. DD and I out!  She is good for us!
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Do what you love.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally

1 comment: