Monday, December 22, 2014

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I got up this morning ... it was 5:30 am ... I checked the temperature outside ... it was 39 degrees!  Lots of rain ...
12.22.14 @ 10:30 am
... but obviously ... no snow.
Here in DillyDallydom we have chosen denial!  Flicka is working hard to get on Santa's naughty list.  The ornaments are just too tempting for her!  ;-)
I've taken denial optimism to a whole new level ... those dillydally winds have been blowing ... recently I finished up three pairs of mittens.
Today I blocked them ... when the snow comes ... I'll be ready! ;-)
More Frozen fabric arrived ... even while online shopping I've been dreaming of "snow"! ;-)
We've worked hard at ignoring the rain.  I've submerged us in our favorite holiday movies, music and literature while we dillydally our way toward Christmas Day ... and ... I keep dreaming of a white Christmas.  It could happen!

Do what you love.  Dream.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally




2 comments:

  1. Your Northern corner of the world resembles my own in Iowa...drizzly rain, gray skies and hardly any evidence of Christmas -- outside. Indoors, there's my skinny old timey tree to enjoy while the traditional holiday cinnamon rolls are baking; old holiday music on the radio helps a lot too. Happy holidays way up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having the same weather here in WI.
    Warmer temps and rain, lots of it.
    I love your mittens, they look sooooo warm and cozy.
    I hope Flicka isn't too naughty before Santa comes. :)
    White Christmas is my favorite Christmas movie.
    Merry Christmas!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete