Monday, December 8, 2014

Dillydally Angels!

Yep ... it is that time of the year ... several 007 projects in progress!
Nearly all of my current dillydallying is "top secret"!  In looking through my photo files, I realized that there are a few things I've accomplished that are unclassified.  I know ... I'm sew hokey!
I'll share with you the projects I made at Quilt Camp in northern Idaho.  My trip to Idaho was mostly a last minute decision that included an invitation to teach the Foo-Whee Mitten knitting class at a friend's annual "Quilt" Camp.  ;-)  That concept is slightly confusing ... doesn't matter ... it was loads of fun!
Readers may recall that this was added on to an already long trip with family obligations.  I arrived in Idaho with only one piece of fabric!  That's right ... I had nothing ... not a spool of thread nor a single straight pin!  These five lovely ladies shared their supplies and tools ... they were so generous, kind, patient and tolerant!  They truly are Dillydally Angels!
Sharon knew that I had purchased six a few Frozen panels and suggested I bring one along.  She had made a quilt using one and brought her leftover fabric as well as snowflakes cut with their shop's Accu-Quilter for me to use.
It was such fun playing around with alternate design ideas ... the final design was Plan G!  I picked up a couple of batik fabrics at the retreat's mini quilt mart ...
... and before long the top was finished!  I had such fun "making do" with what was available and am thrilled with the results!  We all agreed that I have probably jinxed the future and will only have grandsons! Hee-hee!  Well ... even if I only have grandsons, they will either have an aunt or mother who IS the original Princess Elsa ... so they'll need to have one anyway! ;-)  Too much fun!
This is the Bernina that Sharon brought from the shop for me to use ... it worked like a charm.  My second project was this sweet little thread catcher!  QBee Mona had made one the day before and I fell in love with it.  Again I bought the fabric there ... borrowed the pattern from her ... she even gave me the piping and ribbon I needed to finish it!

After all the traveling I had done, it was so nice to sit at a machine and sew!  Relying on the generosity of others is uncommon for me ... it forced me to reach out to those around me.  Sometimes I think we become too self-reliant.  Having to reach out for the assistance of others helped me form relationships that I otherwise may have missed.  A very valuable dillydally lesson!
Speaking of princesses ... Cinderella had it right!  As much as I love the projects I made ... it is the friendships I made that are the true treasure.

Do what you love.  Be an angel.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally




2 comments:

  1. I love the Frozen quilt! Best one I've seen so far. I will show it to one of the ladies that comes and quilts with me. It is hard to accept help from others, but you are right in realizing you would not have formed those friendships had you brought all you own supplies. Great DillyDally lesson. One I will try to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy would love that quilt! So cute. I'll have to hunt for a panel. Great job.

    ReplyDelete