Sunday, December 15, 2013

Gracious Giving

Guilty!  There are times when I ignore my own advice!  Seriously … those are moments when I am completely brainless!  Like I eluded to in yesterday's post … deadlines are fast approaching as I hurry to complete my remaining 007 projects!
Stress began to replace joy … doubt was invading my "can do" attitude … definitely not a reflection of my dillydally principles!  A friend had invited me to her holiday cookie party … and I had decided I couldn't fit it in.  I told myself that I didn't have time to bake cookies or spend time celebrating the season.  See?  Sometimes I AM completely brainless!
Snow was falling Saturday morning … Flicka and I were sewing … Christmas carols were playing … it was time to stop the stress …
 … and quickly bake some cookies!  Nothing fancy … just tasty … Mint Chocolate Chip!
I've attended many "cookie exchanges" over the years … all fun in their own way!  Hostess Neva, planned a party that really captured the spirit of the holidays!  Of course, there were cookies …  of every variety!  Beautiful and delicious!
Neva provided us with containers of every shape and size …
… and the supplies to decorate and embellish them!  Yep … this cookie party was about creating gifts for others!
After decorating our containers … we filled them with cookies!
Playing with markers, stickers and ribbons while visiting with friends … dillydallying at its best!
Cookies ready for delivery …
… in beautifully handcrafted containers!
Neva and her party reflect everything the holiday season is about … giving.  She shared her home and talents … everyone contributed cookies … we created with our hands … resulting in gifts for others!  This is exactly the reminder I needed … to put aside for a moment all my busyness … and refocus on what Christmas is all about!  I am so blessed … and grateful ... for the gracious hospitality of a dear friend.  Yep … this Grinch has also been transformed! ;-)

Do what you love.  Occasionally refocus.  Give.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally

2 comments:

  1. What an inspiring post - I love the cookie party idea, especially the decorated boxes for giving. I was a bit stressed trying to finish nine quilted stockings for all my grandkids. I made it though and am now ready to bake some cookies too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree with you more. This holiday is about giving. Love how you all shared your time and cookies with others!

    ReplyDelete