Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A DillyDally Report!

Friday
Friday, May 24, 2013 at 11:00 pm
Friday was the last day of school!  A wonderful retirement party was held for the five colleagues that will not be returning next fall.  Together their service to our local school district equals 103 years of teaching!  I am happy for them as they begin this new chapter of their lives ... but ... oh ... how they will be missed.  Many mixed emotions.

Saturday
May 25, 2013 - Eyak Lake
Another beautiful day.  I deliberately included the foreground in this photo to prove that the leaves still have not arrived!  Am hoping all this sunshine will encourage the leaves to show themselves.  We are all craving GREEN!
Speaking of green ... I went to our local garden supply store and picked up plants for my containers.  Love pansies ... they have such happy faces!
And ... I kept my promise to myself ... by keeping my appointment with the crochet hook!  Those of you who follow me on facebook, know that I have been inspired by granny square projects.  Yep ... it has been a bit over the top.  I have been finding beautiful projects using this crochet stitch everywhere!

Sunday

On Sunday we enjoyed liquid sunshine.  The rain doesn't bother us ... it makes for great dillydally weather!
Flicka decided to try crochet ...
... she decided that it wasn't really her thing!  She would much rather supervise!  Sorry the pictures are blurry ... Flicka is faster than my camera.  Love my little furball!
After making 1.5 squares ... I decided to give granny hexies a try!  What fun!

Monday, Memorial Day

Woke early ... made potato salad and a big batch of baked beans for our Memorial Day meal.  We enjoy so much because of all that has been given to us by our military service men and women ... I am truly grateful!

I spent the late morning and early afternoon at our local quilt shop, Cordova Quilters' Hideout.  QBee Valerie taught a hand applique' class!



We had such fun and Valerie taught us a lot!  She is our local hand applique' guru ... I have showcased some of her work here over the years ... always inspiring!  We will be having our second class soon ... will keep you all updated!
Flicka - June 2012
Last summer, Flicka was too small to spend anytime outdoors safely.  We have many birds of prey here on the beach, and they love to feed on small pets.
We have begun to allow our "teenage" kitty more time outdoors ... she is larger, but we're not sure if she is any wiser ... ;-) !  She has been chasing squirrels, taunting nesting crows and climbing trees.  It is difficult to get any pictures of her outdoors as she is in constant motion!  Here she was supervising the tide as it came in ... a great way for her to celebrate the holiday!

Yep ... full time dillydallying has begun!
Do what you love.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally 






No comments:

Post a Comment