Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Lots to Celebrate!

Here in DillyDallydom, I am always embracing different ways to celebrate!
This is the first week of a new month ... always a time to refocus on my goals and current intentions!  Every month is like a new beginning ... a fresh start!  Welcome September!
September is also ... National Sewing Month!  I have been celebrating this since the 1980's!  In my classroom, we always began the new school year learning how to create with a sewing machine!  Now that I have retired from teaching ... I still celebrate ... "Her Majesty" and I are busy.  I usually sew a bit every day!
A 10 year anniversary passed quietly in July ... I have been celebrating privately ... but now it is time to celebrate with you all!  Ten years ago ... while developing my dillydally philosophy ... I began this blog!
The Minnesota Quilt Shop Hop was the original purpose behind Dilly-Dally Days ... I had happened upon it in 2007 and wanted to share it with my QBees (Quilt Buddies)!  In 2009, I returned to Minnesota with the purpose of journaling this statewide event ... blogging seemed the best way to accomplish that ... and here we are 10 years later!  Sew fun to revisit those early posts ... seeing the adventures I had ... and eventually it did lead to four QBees joining me in 2011!
As you can see, sewing was the driving force behind the beginning of this blog!  It made complete sense to celebrate this blogging anniversary in September!
Then the question was ... how to share this anniversary here ... with you!  I wanted to make something that was sewing related and would spread the dillydally message! A plan formulated in my mind ... it had to include my beloved Alaska Forget-Me-Nots ... accented with my favorite fabric, gingham!
Her Majesty and I got busy ... privately celebrating as we worked together creating ... definitely in our happy zone!
Appliqué, quilting, and binding done!  All that remained was the hand stitching!
We took that task outdoors!
Long time followers know how much I love dillydallying outdoors.  In order to truly reflect me and my nonsense funsense ... some of its construction had to done "out the road" here in my remote corner of the planet!
Finished!  It is a sewing machine cover!  But actually it could be used for other purposes as well!
It could be a toaster cover!  If the ties were tucked in ... it could be a table mat!  It can cover the back of a dinning room chair!  Oh ... the possibilities!
 
I love how the bow ends up looking like it is part of the Forget-Me-Not bouquet on Her Majesty!  Originally I had intended to give this away through a drawing ... collecting comments and then randomly drawing the recipient!
But then it occurred to me ... why not reward a follower ... one who has shown their loyalty by commenting the most often.  When you are a blogger who lives in the middle of nowhere ... the fact that anyone reads your musings is humbling ... add to that a comment ... and my dillydally heart is filled with affirmation!  Sew ... Marilyn ... from Waukehsa, Wisconsin ... I have sent you an email requesting your snail mail address!  Thank you Marilyn for consistently reaching out and supporting my silly dillydally life!  Your comments and kindness have touched me in ways that are impossible to measure!


Do what you love!  Celebrate!  Do dillydally! 
Mrs. DillyDally



4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blogiversary! my poor blog only lasted about 5 years before i started Facebooking and it's languished ever since. What a sweet Dilly Dally machine cover, and what a generous gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 10th Blogaversary!!!
    I've enjoyed your Journey the last 10 years, reading about your DillyDallying & events in your area, your teaching classes, & your pets too.
    Thank you so much for thinking of me & making me that gorgeous, generous gift! I love the Bluebonnet fabric, sew pretty.
    I will use it on my machine, and everyday I see it, I will chuckle a little before Dillydallying. :)
    I have sent you my new address, as we moved 1 year ago.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, Marilyn is the perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! That cover is sew(!) gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete