Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Fall Dressmaking I Class!

What better way to celebrate autumn's arrival then by adding a new garment to our wardrobe!
Welcome autumn and refresh your wardrobe by taking a Dressmaking I Class!
Let's make a garment for ourselves!  I offered the first session of this class last April ... sew much fun!  I've chosen a pattern that allows me to teach basic clothing construction skills ... is available for all body sizes and shapes ... and includes many design options!

 I began sewing at the age of nine and by Junior High was making most of my wardrobe.  My mother taught me to sew initially, and I took every Home Ec class available in High School.  Textiles were my first love ... a passion that has remained with me my entire life!
Spring Dressmaking I Class - 2019

When choosing a college ... my first concern was whether or not I could study textiles!  I took every textile class available!  My passion grew ... and clothing construction was always my first love!

I enjoy sharing that passion for clothing construction with others! The remaining photos in this post are of the Spring session participants in their finished dresses!  These women are so inspiring!
Spring Dressmaking I Class - 2019

 I am thrilled by the interest and current popularity of clothing construction!  Sew ... my excitement in offering another class for adults makes this dillydally heart sew very happy!  We are going to have such fun!
Spring Dressmaking I Class - 2019


Here are the details:

When
  • We will be meeting four times, September 24 & 26th and October 1st and 3rd.
  • Set up will begin at 6 pm with instruction from 6:30 - 9:30 pm.
Where
  • High School Home Economics Room
Participants will Learn the Following Skills
  • Body measurements & Determining Size
  • Fabric preparation & Grainline
  • Pattern Layout & Cutting
  • Marking
  • Staystitching & Darts
  • Clipping corners & Curves
  • Seams & Finishes
  • Grading Seams
  • Bias Facings
  • Side Seam Pocket Construction
  • Gathering Techniques
  • Multiple Hem Options

Spring Dressmaking I Class - 2019
Dress Pattern
  • We will be making the Hinterland Dress by Sew Liberated.  
  • In Dressmaking I, we will be using this pattern to make a pullover, sleeveless version. 
  • The pattern is available for purchase at The Net Loft.
  • Sizes range from 0 to 24.  It is a style that is comfortable and flattering for all body shapes.
  • It is very versatile.  Participants will choose between a tunic, short, or midi length dress.
  • If you would like to view this pattern made by people from all over the world, use #hinterlanddress on Instagram.
Equipment Required to Participate
  • A sewing machine in good working order
  • Sewing Machine Needles, size 12  
  • Fabric scissors
  • Tape measure
  • Straight Pins
  • Seam Ripper
  • Sharpes (hand sewing needles)
Supplies required to Participate
  • After you register, I will be emailing you a supply list that includes the fabric and notions necessary to take the class.
  • Fabric, notions, and equipment is available at both The Net Loft and Forget Me Not Fabrics.
Spring Dressmaking I Class - 2019

Registration and Cost
  • Space is limited.  Be sure to register online by clicking here.
  • Once you register, I will email you a supply list.
  • The class fee is $100 (due at the first session) and includes over 12 hours of instruction.
Questions and Concerns
  • Feel free to email me at tsdillydally81@gmail.com
  • Use Dressmaking I in the subject line.
  • I check my email every morning and evening, and will reply as soon as I read your email.
Spring Dressmaking I Class - 2019

Spring Dressmaking I Class - 2019

Spring Dressmaking I Class - 2019






2 comments:

  1. That looks like a nice, versatile pattern to sew.
    Love your Fall header pic, very pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that I missed this. A friend and I were talking about this pattern and how fun it would be to make. Next time!!

    ReplyDelete