Saturday, March 2, 2019

February 2019!

I miss blogging ... it is my personal journal ... where I share my thoughts and experiences.  I don't necessarily seek an audience, yet this humble site has brought several wonderful people into my life.  At the beginning of each month, I look back at years prior and revisit my past.  My hope is that future generations of the DillyDally clan will one day look back and revisit my life!  Today is March 1st, and I am going to attempt to return to blogging ... here goes!

February
Always a short month ... but packed with activity!  Here is a recap!
Several freeze and thaw cycles here in our remote corner of the planet!  Normal for February!
Another successful Iceworm Festival was held here in Cordova, Alaska!  I love how our community celebrates winter!

Dillydallying
Busy hands make for happy hearts!  I am always busy ... currently I have major 007 quilting and knitting projects under way.  But I have to divert myself occasionally and work on other small projects ... those I can share!
Made a fun little Dot-to-Dot table topper for Valentine's!  No pattern, just the results of a dillydally windstorm!
Love creating on a whim!
A UFO discovered deep in the corners of DillyDallydom!  I made progress ... only the final border remains!
A knitting UFO finish as well!  Living on the edge ... finished the final thumb on a pair of mittens with only 2 inches of yarn remaining!  Too fun!
Travel knitting ...
... a chance to make progress on projects with no deadline!
Where I live, we use mittens of some sort, nine months of the year.  There are never enough mittens!
Foo-Whee (thrummed) mittens are fast to knit ... and honestly, they make me giggle!  Win/win when dillydallying is not just fun, but silly as well!

Teaching
A new series of Knitting 101 has begun!
Eight new knitters began their knitting journey!
Love taking pictures of each lessons projects, watching their skills grow is so very rewarding!
Another group of new knitters graduated from Knitting 101 ... this is the final Lesson 5 project!
Also, I am currently teaching a Foo-Whee (thrummed) mitten class!
Oh my ... the possibilities!  The fun!  The silliness!
I haven't taught any quilting classes in years ... the shops I used to teach for are no longer in business ... and honestly, I really miss it!  Sew ... I became DillyDally Days LLC, got a state and local business license!  Now that everything is official ... I am able to do the teaching, consulting and designing I love!
The first quilting class began last night!  What a great way to end February! 

Valentines
Valentine's Day was always a special day during my childhood ... it was also my father's birthday!
When my children were young we always had such fun making paper Valentines!  Wonderful memories!  This year I decided to make them with wool!
Pulled out my collection of buttons, beads, and sequins ... what fun!
A heart for each of the important love stories in my life!
Pulled out some of my favorite antique buttons!  What am I saving them for ... time to use them and send to friends far and near!
I had so much fun ...
... that I invited a few friends over for a Dillydally Playdate!  Fun is even better when shared!

My Fur Babies
Flicka and Nissa are usually near the center of everything Mr. DD and I are doing!
Flicka is in charge ... always!  Don't let her napping fool you!
Long walks with Nissa are a part of nearly every day! 
I refer to this picture as "The Lion and the Lamb".  Flicka is the lion ... Nissa the lamb!  Rarely a quiet moment like this ... that is why I took the picture!
Kindness
Twelve years ago, when I began developing the dillydally lifestyle, one of the first things I did was focus on relationships that were a positive influence in this very complicated world!
That decision has been such a blessing!  One of those dear friends gave me the most thoughtful Valentines gift.  She is a blessing to me and many ... I am so grateful.

Travel
As I mentioned earlier in this post ... February is a short month!
We squeezed in a week in southern California!






We enjoyed the sights ... ate great food ... and most of all spent time with family!
And enjoyed a bit of glamor ...
Our Daily Walks
The best part about retirement ... is that it allows me to spend time outdoors daily!



I love spending time in the arms of Mother Nature!
And then there is a view from our front deck ... I am so very grateful for my dillydally life!  Farewell February ... on to March!

Do what you love!  Do dillydally
Mrs. DillyDally 

2 comments:

  1. Very cool header pic.
    Great projects.
    LOVE those Foo-Whee mittens!
    Congrats on getting your license to teach.
    I would love to take your quilting class.
    Glad you still have supervision! :)
    I think she likes that big skein of roving!
    Glad you are blogging again.
    Have a great weekend & week.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're blogging again! You've been missed.

    ReplyDelete