Sunday, October 20, 2013

My Pumpkin Patch!

 This is what a "Pumpkin Patch" in my remote corner of the planet looks like!
Google Image
Even after 30+ years of living in Alaska, I miss going to an authentic pumpkin patch!
As a professional dillydallier, I know how to be resourceful and create my own fun!  Hee-hee!
Dillydallying is so much more fun when it is organized and taught by a friend!  Barb C. found a picture and pattern on Facebook for a felted wool pumpkin.  She resized the pattern to fit the size of felted wool available here in Cordova at our local needlework shop, The Net Loft, and decided to teach a class!

Dillydallying is so much more fun with friends!  It was great to see everyone's pumpkins come to life!
Look at this sweet little pumpkin in the backpack!  So cute!
My pumpkins are sewn by hand ... I was too lazy to drag my sewing machine out.  I had decided to take the class on a whim ... that very morning ... so found myself very disorganized!  Fortunately, when you take a class from a friend, they're happy to see you and don't care if you're unprepared!  Thanks Barb C ... for the class, your talent ... and especially your patience!  ;-)  I love it when I listen to those dillydally winds and just go with it!   It was such an entertaining and productive afternoon ... making our own fun ... and celebrating the season!

Do what you love.  Make it fun.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally

1 comment: