Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Rescued!

Sometimes ... life becomes ridiculously hectic!  When my "have to" obligations prevent me from enjoying a slice of "want to" pleasure ... someone or something needs to save me!  Um ... no ... not a Prince Charming wanna-be ... QBees are what I need!
Cordova Quilter's Hideout to the rescue!  Lila holds several special interest groups at her quilt shop every month.  Last spring our guild sponsored a class where we all learned how to use Judy Niemeyer's techniques.  Since then, she has held a monthly "Sit & Sew" for those working on Quiltworx designs.  The tone is casual and attendance varies ... most importantly though, everyone makes progress!
This is Lila's current project!  It is going to be a vibrant table runner!  Cannot wait to see those colors working together!
Sam is making great progress on her Seasonal Table Runner!
It is fun to see everyones work!  I truly am inspired by the work of others ... love it!
Valerie was finishing up her second one ...
Here it is ... all in one piece!  Beautiful!
Grandma came with her knitting ... she is our official cheerleader!
Honestly ... without these monthly events ... dedicated to this specific technique, this project would have been boxed and put on the shelf.
Instead ... it is completed!  I am so happy with the results ...
... a bit of time every month adds up!  Two finishes!  Envision cartwheels being performed on table tops!  Gosh ... a finish feels sew stinkin' good!
The best way to celebrate a finish is to begin planning the next project!  I bought this pattern in 2008 ... without these monthly meetings who knows if I ever would have opened it up!  Besides ... if I don't have a project, I won't be able to attend next month's meeting! ;-)

QBees to the rescue!  Hmm ... can it be?  Do I foresee some QBee super hero capes in the future?  After all ... one must be able to dress for the part!
Do what you love.  Be rescued.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally
  

No comments:

Post a Comment