Sunday, March 13, 2011

Dillydally Side Effects!

My spirits improved as the weekend progressed ... thanks to the side effects of dillydallying! ;-)
Even though we all lost an hour of sleep, the morning was cold, clear and sunny ... no complaints here.
On Saturday I put the last log on my Snake River Log Cabin blocks!  Yeah!  I finally counted the number of pieces in each block, there are 48.  There are 64 blocks for a total of 3072 pieces!  Absolute. Unrestrained. Happy Dancing went on!  It felt great!  Now you know why I never count them before I piece a quilt ... it would over whelm me, and I might never start a pattern like this.  

Today our guild held an emergency Quilter's Anonymous meeting ...
... I took them so that I could lay them out for a preview of how they work together!  I am extremely happy with the results!  I think Brother DillyDally will love it!  I cannot remove the grin that has been permanently on my face since I laid these blocks out!  Now I'm excited to begin piecing the border blocks! 

Check out the guild blog to see the inspiring projects members were working on today.  It was a small group, but their projects were amazing.  I treasure those few hours spent with friends, doing what we love.

There is nothing like beginning a new project to help you forget your stress, so that is what I did.  I know ... that is not a surprise for one that lives by the Dilly Dally Creed. ;-)
Yep ... Mr. BunnyTails has taken on some color and stitching.  I have no idea what I will do with him ... but he is irresistible ... and I'll wait until he is finished ... he'll tell me what he would like to become!  What?  It's the dillydally way!  We embrace the unknown ... it is all part of the journey!

Have a wonderful week!  Do dillydally!  Enjoy the side effects! ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Mr. BunnyTails is stinkin' cute...you did good..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a quilter- but I must say the quilt for Brother Dilly-Dally is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete