Monday, October 4, 2010

Finally ... Made Time to Dillydally!

Her Majesty (my Janome 6600) has been very upset with me.  We hadn't spent any time together for over 2 weeks!  She had a right to pout ... honestly ... I normally sew at least a little every day!  If you've read this humble blog recently, every post begins with how busy I've been ... now you know ... if I haven't sewn in over 2 weeks ... I really am swamped!  Her Majesty was so happy to see me yesterday ... she was on her best behavior!  Teacup supervised us as we made ...
... yep ... it's Gudrun's Corn Toss Runner!  Her post (dated September 27th) was the first one for the ...
... it has been so fun ... I have downloaded all of the patterns and will eventually make them.  Every day they have had a different theme ... all ten designers blog on the theme ... and every day a different designer shares their creativity.  Ten free patterns ... how great is that?  I can't believe there are only two days left!

Last June, QBee Diane and I visited Kay at the Heavenly Patchwork Quilt Shop ... 

... we had worked with other QBees all winter on the Cobblestone Lane BOM from Kay, so I couldn't wait to introduce Diane to her.  While there, we signed on for Sherri Falls "Sweet Pickins Club".  Yesterday we met to begin with September's pattern ... we had tea ... we snacked ... we talked about the project and the mystery quilt ... we solved all of the world's problems ... it was wonderful.  If not for the club, we probably wouldn't have made the time to get together ... did I mention that we didn't do any sewing?  We thought about it ... talked about it ... ;-) ... I just giggle thinking about it.  And because we live by the dillydally creed ... we didn't feel a bit of guilt about it either!  I came home so relaxed, happy and inspired that I actually began working on the mystery quilt after dinner.  I finished two of the four blocks ... it felt great!
Last Monday, when Kysa and I went for a long walk ... it was a beautiful fall day ...
... even when we returned to town ... Mt Eccles was wearing her favorite colors ...
Last Tuesday, the remnants of a Japanese typhoon moved in and hasn't left.  We've had hurricane force winds and several inches of rain ... for several days.  During a short reprieve this morning ...
... Mt. Eccles had been redressed ... in white.  Yep ... fall has left ... winter is knocking on our door.  The wind ... rain ... snow ... we dillydalliers welcome it ... makes it easy to dillydally guilt free!  Gotta love that! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment