Friday, August 31, 2018

A 007 Reveal! Forget-Me-Nots!

As some of you may recall, July 2017 was especially hard.  July 2018 was going to be different! I would fill it with fun!  I decided to do the most self-indulgent thing I have ever done in my 61 years!  Quiltstock 2018 here I come! 

A national event organized and hosted by Moda and Martingale

I had never been to Texas ... had never taken quilt classes at a national event ... and I went entirely by myself!
First day, on our way to Magnolia in Waco!
Do I look just a bit excited?  I rarely allow anyone to take my picture ... let alone post them ... but this one taken by a new friend shows just how thrilled I was to be in Texas and participating in this event!


But before the event, there were preparations to be made!  Not in terms of homework for the four classes I would be taking, thankfully!  Gratitude is a large part of the dillydally lifestyle.  I knew that I wanted to make small gifts to be given as a token of my appreciation for the instructors, new found friends, and any others that helped to make my experience successful! 

 A few years ago, I came across these tealight candle holders ... and thought that they would make great pincushion containers someday!  Well ... that day had come!  I had ten of them, it was time to get busy!
The day after Fiber and Friends, I put my knitting aside and stayed focused!  Long time followers know that Alaska's state flower, the Forget-Me-Not holds a special place in my heart!
Sew ... out came my drawings ... wool ... needle and thread!
No two were alike ... here they are waiting for their yellow centers!
One done and nine to go!
Circle shapes were cut ... running stitches made ... and then the dreaded stuffing!  Ugh!  Stuffing things is not my strength, but I kept moving forward!
Forget-Me-Not puff balls!
Glued them to the tealight containers ... and I am happy with the results!  I packed them carefully in my suitcase and off we flew ... to California!
Yep!  Stopped in LA for a week on my way to Dallas!  Spent a week with Sister and Future SIL!  Sister and I had fun finding supplies for gifting the pincushions!  We dillydallied by making the cards!
I knew that packaging them would have to wait until I arrived in Dallas ... didn't want TSA to find them suspicious!  Here they are ... in the hotel ... waiting to be packaged!
One finishing touch remained ... I wasn't sure yet who would receive them ... but after all, it is my mission to promote the dillydally lifestyle!  I had to work it in somewhere!  I don't know if any of the recipients will ever turn it over and notice ... but the attempt was made!
Here they are ... ready for gift giving!  I gave them to the class instructors, some of the conference organizers ...
... and to these three beautiful women, my New Mexico QBees!  They are friends that traveled together to Quiltstock!  Traveling alone, I asked to join their table ... and they welcomed me with open hearts!  I am so grateful for their kindness as they included me in their plans even during free time.  It was so fun to get to know them ... their families, work, and quilts!  I will treasure the giggles, challenges, and friendship that we shared throughout the week!  They hold a special place in my heart ... they are a blessing in my dillydally life!

Do what you love!  Be grateful!  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got to go to a great event!
    The pincushions are too cute!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved including you, our wonderful Alaskan friend!!

    ReplyDelete