Saturday, February 20, 2016

A "Splendid" Beginning!

Many of you know what a great time I had during "The Vintage Farm Girl" online quilt-a-long last summer!  Since then I have considered jumping in and participating in others ... there are sew many to choose from!  Choices are always a good thing ... we dillydalliers like lots of choices!
It is a well known fact that I collect fabric ... have a very eclectic stash ... because I love it all!  There are certain designers that I particularly like and usually purchase a fat quarter bundle of their fabrics when released!  My Farm Girl was pieced with a personal collection of bright prints that I had collected and had in my stash.  Sew ... I decided to make the next one with a more traditional flavor.  I love Kim Diehl's color palette and prints.  So I pulled out a couple of fat quarter packs!  They are almost too pretty to open!  They are simply splendid.
The online quilt-a-long I chose to participate in is The Splendid Sampler!  I have always had enjoyable experiences with Pat Sloan's patterns and techniques.  Because she is one of the designers and is co-hosting this event, I knew it would be a gorgeous quilt and a positive experience!  All details can be found at the website, so anymore explanation here would be redundant!  Pat is an exceptional organizer, and the webpage is both helpful and useful!
Oh my ... such pretty fabric!  As hard as it is to untie the ribbon, the results always make me swoon!
I got busy and organized the fat quarters by color!
The first block was designed by Pat Sloan and released on Valentine's Day!  I chose to use her fusible applique' technique and am very happy with the results!
The second block was designed by Jane Davidson, who is co-hosting this year-long event with Pat.  Butterflies ... makes me long for summer!
Like the Farm Girl quilt, all blocks are 6.5 inches unfinished!  Pat and Jane have communicated clearly their philosophy about quilt-a-longs and have addressed all the concerns and worries quilters all over the world may have.  Last time I checked, over 15,000 quilters have signed on to participate! And yep ... they are from all over the world!  Wowser!  This is a global event!  I have already been so inspired by everyone's blocks ... and we have 98 to look forward too!  Holy Moley Hot Bologna!
8 am - 2.20.2016
My blocks are done ... and I'm looking forward to spending the day at my guild's Time to Sew event!  It is going to be an absolutely splendid day!

Do what you love.  Make it splendid!  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally

1 comment:

  1. Oooo, love these fabrics.
    This is going to be so pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete