Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Vintage Inspiration!

A few weeks ago, a non-knitting friend gave me this sweater.  She knows how I love everything Nordic ... especially knitted items!  I am so fortunate!
This sweater belonged to her mother-in-law!  OMGosh Good Golly ... it took my breathe away ... it is stunning!  I love it in every way ... the charted pattern ... the colors ... the sweater style ... it is amazing!  I am so grateful that my friend thought of me when she received it ... what a blessing!
It was purchased in Norway, while her mother-in-law was traveling there ... we think sometime in the 60's.  I have done google searches based on the information found on the tags and had little to no luck.  It is machine knit ... and as you can see from the inside here ... it is double knit!
O ... how I wish it fit me ... it is meant to be worn on the ski slopes ... definitely designed for outer wear!  Love the boat neck and drop shoulder style!
I may not be able wear this sweater ... but I can knit items inspired by it!
I'll begin by making mittens ... created this chart in the middle of the night not too long ago!  Crazy ... but when those dillydally designing storms hit ... I have no choice ... I must yield to them!  A quick trip to The Net Loft for yarn and I'm off!  The chart requires knitting with three colors at a time ... that is something I usually avoid as it slows down the process ... but this design is worth it!
Flicka loves the sweater as well ... this is her favorite way to wear it!

Do what you love.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful, beautiful sweater.
    It's Flicka approved!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete