Thursday, April 10, 2014

A Door Prize for Camp!

In the midst of all that has been happening, QBee Val and I were in charge of organizing our quilt guild's spring retreat.  It was held last weekend … so have been unable to share our plans and efforts until now.
Yep … double trouble!

Months ago … Valerie suggested we go with a camp theme, and Camp Quiltathon was created!  We would brainstorm ideas, make lists, and divide up the responsibilities!  Lots of giggles as we planned, plotted and prepared!  
You might remember these … there was no plan for them at the time … just the need to sew and a charm pack within reach!
As I pieced them together … the intent was for them to become a table runner.  Then the dillydally winds started to stir … 
… and we (my patchwork and I) were swept in an entirely different direction.  ;-)  In true dillydally fashion … I just can't seem to help myself!
 Machine quilting ensued … binding was put in place …
 … pockets were tested …
 … and my table runner was morphed into a sewing machine cover!
 I was very pleased with the results.
A great pattern from Lori Holt's Quilty Fun book!  We used this sewing machine cover as an early bird registration door prize for camp!
It went to a very good home … I was thrilled when QBee Barb won it!  Here it is on her machine while at camp!  Fun!

Do what you love.  Embrace the wind!  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally


1 comment:

  1. Oh, it's beautiful!
    Did Flicka help?
    Lucky winner!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete