Thursday, December 16, 2010

Undercover Work Continues!

My undercover work continues ... some are finished ... some have even been wrapped and sent on their way ... and a few are still in progress.  The good news is ... I can share one now!  Finally a post about my dillydally efforts!  It is a tablerunner that I gave to Sister DillyDally early so she could use it over the holidays.
I just love these new contemporary holiday fabrics!  I love the color combinations in the palette and the graphic designs.  And I especially love having a daughter who has embraced them!
The pattern is by Lisa Moore of Quilts with a Twist fame!  She is an Alaskan who has become a Quilt Rock Star!  We in Alaska are very proud of her success!  I took a class from her in September at the Valdez Quilt Festival, you can read about it here.  I will be the first to sign up if I ever have the chance to take a class she is teaching again!  She is amazing!
When we walked into her class ... a precut kit was waiting at every seat ... she called it her "warm-up" activity!  It is sized to fit paper napkins, but I think it would be cute as a candy dish!  Can't you just envision it full of Hershey's Kisses?  The fabric was perfect for Sister DillyDally's holiday palette, so it traveled with the tablerunner to her apartment! 
After our break during her class, this luggage tag was our second "warm-up" activity!  Aren't they great?  I could "gush" forever about Lisa and her talent!  She is so creative and her background as an electrical engineer means that her patterns are well written and easy to follow.  She also designs Alaska themed fabric ... so all of her patterns work very well with novelty prints.  I encourage all you quilters to check out her designs ... fabrics too!
It has been very clear and cold here in our remote corner of the planet.  We are not complaining because that means that during daylight hours (10:00am - 3:00pm) it is bright!  Kysa loves the cold and is always ready for a trip out the road!  She is looking forward to having Brother DillyDally home for the holidays ... they are always taking adventures together!
The Sheridan River with glacier in the background on Sunday (12/12/10).
James Bond has "M" for a supervisor ... I have "T" (Teacup) as mine!  Do you see that look?  She is telling me to get back to work on my top secret missions!  She is such a taskmaster!  Enjoy your dillydallying, covert or not!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment