Monday, November 2, 2009

Travels...Halloween...Her Majesty...

As many of you know, I have been out of town for almost two weeks.  My father is nearing the end of this life, and I returned to Minnesota to spend time with him.  It is a difficult process for everyone involved, but we treasured the good moments and weathered the tough ones.  Today I returned to work...I teach in a Jr./Sr. High School...it felt good to be surrounded by adolescents...their faces are filled with hope...promise...the future.  It is very healing to spend time with them...they keep me young!

After living in Cordova for 25 years, I've learned not to assume that fresh pumpkins will be available for Halloween.  I won't even discuss how much they cost...ugh...you in the midwest would just die!  I bought these in early October, planning to turn one into a jack-o-lantern and baking the other for fresh pumpkin pies!  I was traveling on Saturday...Mr. DillyDally didn't want to disappoint the "trick or treaters" and turned both pumpkins into lanterns!  Aren't they the cutest?  What makes them so cute is that he made them...without my assistance or directions!  Gotta love the man...he sure impressed his wife...I think I'll keep him!


 I woke up early this morning and was able to spend a couple of hours with "Her Majesty".  I'm working on a project that I want to hang by Thanksgiving.  Will share photos when it is finished.  It felt so good to spend sometime dillydallying today!  I wish you all good health and time to dillydally...

No comments:

Post a Comment